FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
RADIO CONTROL EXPO PROMISES FULL DAY OF COMPETITION, STUNTS, HANDS-ON DEMOS
"RCX Chicago will be action-packed with activities for both radio control enthusiasts and newcomers to participate in," said Louis DeFrancesco, RCX CEO. "We're going to have nitro and electric car races, drifting competitions, airplane and helicopter stunts, rock crawling, micro cars for fans to play with and more — it's really going to be a blast and we just can't wait to bring all this fun to the Chicago Metro area."
Radio Control Expo organizers have released the following list of confirmed attractions for 2011 RCX Chicago:
- Off-Road Dirt Track - This is the only place where you can see professional racers compete head to head and watch demos and stunts showcasing the hottest new nitro and electric cars. It all goes down at this awesome 80×60 ft. off-road dirt track.
- Extreme Outdoor Fly Arena - See large nitro and electric helicopters and planes do insane stunts, demos and so much more in this outdoor extreme flyzone.
- Horizon Off-Road "Try Me" Track - Step up and test your skills with all the hottest Losi and Electrix RC vehicles on this 30×50 ft. off-road dirt track.
- Horizon "Fly Me" Arena - Get an up-close and personal look at all the latest from the Blade, Force and E-flite lines of planes and helis.
- Traxxas Off-Road "Try Me" Track - Attendees can test-drive the new Traxxas Monster Jam models—Grave Digger, Monster Mutt, Maximum Destruction and Grinder! Everyone is welcome to take a spin on this 25×40 ft. dirt track.
- Indoor Fly Arena - Witness the latest indoor electric planes and helis do sick aerial tricks in this indoor fly zone!
- Rock Crawling Mountain - Watch the pros climb a 30×40 ft. mountain in this amazing competition and scale rock-crawling.
- Kyosho Dnano Track - Don’t miss some of the smallest RC cars on Earth compete head-to-head on this 1/43-scale on-road track.
- RC Tractor Pull - This is your chance to see nitro tractors pulling sleds weighing 400+ lb. across the dirt!
- RC Drag Racing - Head to this 280×20 ft. outdoor track to see pro dragsters and their nitro dragsters reach speeds in excess of 80mph. You have to see it to believe it!
- Mini RC Racing and "Try Me" Track - Watch the area’s most advanced micro RC drivers compete head-to-head on this giant RCP Track. You can also step up to the “try me” track to hone your mini RC driving skills!
- Asphalt Assault - Watch top-notch drivers race on this outdoor 1/10th scale racetrack. You’ll be able to burn up the asphalt yourself on the “try me” track between races!
About Radio Control Expo
The Radio Control Expo (RCX) is the country’s largest consumer event for radio control and diecast enthusiasts. Featuring the latest and greatest in radio control technology, the RCX showcases model airplanes, boats, cars, trucks and helicopters. Coming to Chicago’s Odeum Expo Center on August 6, 2011, from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. General admission tickets can be purchased at the gate for $20 or in advance online for $15. Children under the age of 12 are free of admission with adult ticket purchase. $5 discount coupons will be available at participating locations. For more information or to learn more about other RCX On The Road shows in Long Beach, California or Orlando, Florida, visit the RCX official web site at www.RCX.com.
For media information, please contact Lauren Williams, DRIVEN Public Relations, 951-719-1040 or email@example.com.