Monday, November 10, 2008

Keeping up with the technology and the letters ...

I get so many emails but I do my best to answer everyone of them. I appreciate your writing and sharing your views. I will try to regularly post the best on the blog to share. Make sure to let me know if you do not want to share a view, although I leave out last names.

My new newsletter went out this week. Better design but complicated and difficult to use -- Constant Contact is not all it is cracked up to be. It's amazing how difficult some software companies make their product. Theya re written by geeks and never use the system in practical ways, so the systems often lack the fundamentals that are most wanted by the public. Theys hould hire normal people to test these systems out and make the changes to make the programs better.

Still, my biggest challenge is proofing the newsletter before it goes out. Some typos get in and I HATE typos ... but, what can you do?

Never let a typo trip you up from a great idea or thought. But I'll do my best to nail and then correct them.

I'm only going to send the newsletter out once each week. I'll update the web site with new guests and changes. State Sen. Mike Jacobs will be joining the show today to talk about possibly running for governor. And Thursday's guest looks like it's going to be Ray Long, the veteran Springfield correspondent now with the Chicago Tribune.

Anyway, I also lightened up a bit this week with interviews of guests from the theater and also some book authors. Not all politics. But politics is important.

-- Ray Hanania
www.RadioChicagoland.com

No comments: