Thursday, August 20, 2009

Reducing the Carbon Footprint more at the Hanania household

Bookmark and Share


And I mowed the lawn again using the push mower. Great exercise, for sure. It took about 90 minutes to mow the front and back, and then trim the edges with the push mower -- no gasoline and no carbon emissions. It takes about the same amount of time and 1 1/2 gallons of gasoline to mow the lawn using the gas mower. The gas mower is neater, and cleaner -- it mulches while the push mower does not.

But hey, we have to do something to fight global warming and air pollution and wasting energy and adding poisons to the lawnscape. Not sure yet if I am going to dropt he fertilizer or maybe find something more organic. Doesn't sound appealing, but maybe Ill try.

I wonder if I can let the grass just grow like the prairie at the Orland Park Police Headquarters and never mow or do anything except live in the Tall Grass.

Sadly, though, mwoing the lawn is the only exercise I get. The push mower is a real workout. I need it.

Next week I go back on the Atkins Diet for the first four weeks, and then I'll shift to the Mediterranean Diet to keep the weight off. You can't rely on Atkins too long. It's going to be a program on the Radio Show, too.

-- Ray Hanania
www.RadioChicagoland.com

No comments: